Our aim in our science curriculum at Swinton Fitzwilliam Primary School is...
- To develop understanding of the world around them through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- To encourage excitement and curiosity about natural phenomena.
- To be able to reason why certain things happen the way they do.
- To inform personal choices involving their own health and the natural environment.
- To give them the necessary skills in an ever changing world.
- To develop critical thinking when considering evidence and recognise when it is being used selectively.
- To develop systematic problem-solving skills that can be applied in other parts of their life.
- To be equipped with scientific skills that are required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- To be able to explain what is occurring, predict how things will behave and analyse causes.
- To have opportunities for hands-on experiences to further understanding.